Need a fun New Year’s Eve Party Game for Kids? These free printable fortune tellers will keep kids entertained for hours!
New Year’s Eve is one of those either-or holidays. It can either turn out to be a great evening or wind-up being a huge disappointment.
Since having kids we enjoy making New Year’s Eve a simple family night and love to host a small gathering of friends who also have kids. We spend the night enjoying delicious appetizers and playing our favorite family friendly New Year’s Eve party games.
What to do on New Year’s Eve
Are hosting a family friendly New Year’s Eve party? You might be singing along to Etta Jones, “Here comes the jackpot question in advance. What are you doing, what are you doing New Year’s, New Year’s Eve?”
New Years Eve can be a challenging night to entertain children. Many popular New Year’s Eve activities are meant for adults or occur too late for younger kids to appreciate.
New Year’s Eve Party Game for Kids -> Paper Fortune Teller
If you are looking for games of kids to play between the appetizers and the ball drop I have you covered with my free paper fortune teller and folding instructions (available HERE).
You simply print, fold and play! (You can also print a black and white version for kids to color before they play!)
You’ll love the easy craft and kids will love asking it simple yes or no questions.
What Will Happen in the Next Year?
While the paper craft is intended for children, this easy New Year’s Eve party game is great fun for both kids and adults. The paper fortune teller will “magically” predict the answers your most burning questions for 2016 as you select numbers and letters.
There are sixteen entertaining responses on the fortune teller.
Here are some examples of fun questions to ask:
- Possible Question: Will I make the honor roll? Joke Teller Answer: It will take hard work!
- Possible Question: Are we going to have lots of snow days this winter? Joke Teller Answer: If you are lucky.
- Possible Question: Will I win the lottery? Joke Teller Answer: Nope, not this year!
- Possible Question: Is my football team going to the Super Bowl? Joke Teller Answer: Definite maybe.
How to Use a Paper Fortune Teller
- Print and fold the paper fortune teller (available HERE). PDF includes both color and black & white for kids to color.
- Gather players. Pick one person to operate the fortune teller and one to play.
- Have the player ask a yes or no question they want a prediction for in the coming year. Then have the player choose one of the top four squares. Spell the word while opening and closing the fortune teller for each letter.
- Player selects one of the 4 numbers in the open side. Operator opens the fortune teller side to side as they count the number.
- Have the player pick another number then open the flap & let the player choose a letter (a, b, c, or d). Read the answer that corresponds to the letter, this is the player’s answer.
- Rotate play until each person has been the player and the operator.
MORE FREE FORTUNE TELLERS
I’ve designed lots of fun holiday cootie catchers for kids. Check out these fun versions:
- Valentine’s Day Joke Tellers are a great non-candy classroom treat or lunchbox surprise.
- Father’s Day Joke Tellers make a perfect gift for Dad.
- Halloween Joke Tellers are full of silly jokes perfect for classroom parties or non-candy Halloween treats.
- Saint Patrick’s Day Joke Tellers are a great non-candy classroom treat or lunchbox surprise.
Like my free printable joke teller and other paper crafts? Sign up for my free newsletter below and never miss a thing!
Bren Did Newsletter Subscribers Get Access!