These Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins are full of chocolate peanut butter flavor but contain no flour, no refined sugar and they’re oil free. Your family will love the treat, you’ll love the healthy ingredients.
You got your peanut butter on my chocolate
When I was a kid there were a series of silly candy commercials where one person would be wandering aroud with a jar a peaut butter as another person walked nearby with a bar of chocolate. They would predictably collide and exclaim, “You got your peanut butter on my chocolate!” and “You got your chocolate in my peanut butter!”
It was fine cinema, folks!
Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
Chocolate AND peanut butter, it’s a duo that never disappoints….
UNLESS we’re talking healthy snacks.
Enter a healthy chocolate peanut butter combo.
This recipe combine the flavors you love in a recipe that uses no flour, no refined sugar, and no added fat.
Healthy Muffin Love
And who can blame them?!
I love the recipe because it is quick to whip up in a blender plus they freeze well and make a great, portable snack or breakfast.
The great flavor in these muffins comes from real food ingredients including bananas and oatmeal. (I love using whole food ingredients you can find in your pantry instead of mysterious gluten free powders and artificial sweeteners.)
To make the baked treats absolutely irresistible I sprinkle them with a few chocolate chips before baking. It makes them look like bakery muffins… but they are MUCH healthier!
I bake the muffins in jumbo paper liners. This allows me to fill the muffins tins extra full and still gives them extra room to rise and expand.
I hope you try this easy muffin recipe and see how simple and delicious eating healthier can be. (Tip: Check out No Flour, Sugar Free, Oil Free Healthy Oatmeal Muffins Recipe they are a delicious healthy breakfast.)Print
Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins are full of chocolate peanut butter flavor but contain no flour, no refined sugar and they’re oil free.
- 1 cup mashed banana (2–3 large overripe bananas)
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter (creamy)
- 2 tsp real vanilla
- 2 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 4 Tbsp dark or dutch process cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/8 cup old-fashioned oats (unground) for muffin tops (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bananas, eggs, honey, milk, peanut butter and vanilla in blender and puree until smooth.
- Add oats, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to blender and puree until smooth.
- Line 12 muffins tins with jumbo muffin liners
- Divide batter between 12 muffin cups.
- Garnish muffins with a sprinkle of oatmeal and a few chocolate chips (if desired).
- Bake muffins for 30-40 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 219
Keywords: Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
MORE HEALTHY MUFFIN RECIPES TO TRY
1 – Healthy Oatmeal Muffins – My original no flour, no sugar, no oil recipe. This basic recipe is sweetened with bananas and is easy to customize.
2 – Healthy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins – My kids’ all-time favorite healthy oatmeal muffins recipe. Lots of CHOCOLATE flavor.
3 – Healthy Zucchini Muffins Recipe – Zucchini and spices give the muffins classic zucchini bread flavor. Enjoy a fall favorites with no guilt!
4 – Apple Cinnamon Blender Muffins – This easy recipe mixes in the blender for no mess but lots of cinnamon apple flavor.
5 – No Flour, No Sugar, Dairy Free Pumpkin Spice Muffins – Pumpkin puree, spices, and a bit of maple syrup tempt your taste buds.
Like my healthy recipes? Sign up for my free newsletter below and never miss a thing!