Love pumpkin baked goods but not sugar, oil & flour? These tasty gluten free, sugar free, oil free, & dairy free healthy pumpkin muffins are perfect for you! Toasted oats make these gluten free muffins delicious and healthy. It's the perfect pumpkin recipe for fall.
Mornings are not the most fun time at my house. My kids hate getting up for school, I tend to turn into a big grouch the fifth time I have to urge someone to get out of bed, and my dog is usually circling me wanting to be walked.
It's no time to be cooking a healthy meal!
I love quick and healthy breakfast options that combat the early morning grouch-fest. Muffins are a favorite grab-and-go breakfast, but most of my favorite recipes are loaded with enough sugar, oil and white flour to be cupcakes!
Healthy Muffins for the Win
I developed these healthy pumpkin muffins as a better-for-you alternative. I replace the flour with toasted oatmeal use gluten free oats for gluten free muffins) then use pumpkin puree instead of oil, coconut milk instead of cows milks (use whatever milk you prefer), and real maple syrup instead of refined sugar.
This may sound like a recipe for a baking disaster, but fear not!
- Toasting and grinding the oats results in a tender muffin with a slightly nutty favor.
- The pumpkin adds the right amount of moisture and pumpkin taste.
- The maple syrup provide just enough natural sweetness to tempt your taste buds.
- A variety of pumpkin spice flavors make your taste buds sing.
My family likes healthy pumpkin muffins more than unhealthy pumpkin bread… that's a HUGE win in my book!
I hope you try this easy muffin recipe and see how simple and delicious eating healthier can be. (Tip: Check out No Flour, Sugar Free, Oil Free Healthy Oatmeal Muffins Recipe they are a delicious healthy breakfast.)
I developed these healthy pumpkin muffins as a better-for-you alternative to traditional pumpkin bread. I replace the flour with toasted oatmeal use gluten free oats for gluten free muffins) then use pumpkin puree instead of oil, coconut milk instead of cows milks (use whatever milk you prefer), and real maple syrup instead of refined sugar. Your taste buds will love the healthy fall flavors.
- 21/2 cups old fashioned oats toasted and ground
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats toasted, 2 Tbsp reserved for muffin tops, toasted
- 1 1/8 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 lage eggs lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk or dairy milk full fat, skim or 1 %, 1/4 cup extra if needed
- 1 Tbsp real maple syrup
- 2 tsp real vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1-1.5 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8-½ tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- ¼-½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ cup walnuts, raisins or dried cranberries optional
- Preheat oven to 325. Place all oats on a baking sheet and toast until lightly browned, stirring once (about 4 to 6 minutes). Let cool to room temperature. (If you are in a hurry you can skip this step and use plain old fashioned oats, however the toasting adds flavor.)
- Place 2.5 cups of oats in a food processor and blend/pulse until they reach a rough, flour like consistency.
- Combine pumpkin puree, eggs, honey, milk, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix to combine.
Add both ground and unground oats to wet ingredients and allow to sit for 10-20 minutes. this allows the oats to soak up some of the liquid and soften.
Add the rest of the dry ingredients and spices to wet ingredients and mix until just incorporated. (Tip: start with the lowest amount of spices indicated and add more if desired.) If the batter is too thick add additional milk, 1/8 cup at a time.
- Optional: Fold in approximately 1/2 c walnuts, raisins, mini chocolate chips, or dried cranberries.
- Scoop into muffin tin, lined with muffin wrappers (makes 18 muffins). Tip: lightly spray the muffin wrapped with oil to make the baked muffins easier t remove.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 -23 minutes, a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin should come out clean.
MORE HEALTHY MUFFIN RECIPES TO TRY
1 – Healthy Oatmeal Muffins – My original no flour, no sugar, no oil recipe. This basic recipe is sweetened with bananas and is easy to customize.
2 – Healthy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins – My kids’ all-time favorite healthy oatmeal muffins recipe. Lots of CHOCOLATE flavor
3 – Healthy Zucchini Muffins Recipe – Zucchini and spices give the muffins classic zucchini bread flavor. Enjoy a fall favorites with no guilt!
4 – Apple Cinnamon Blender Muffins – This easy recipe mixes in the blender for no mess but lots of cinnamon apple flavor.
Like my healthy recipes? Sign up for my free newsletter below and never miss a thing!