Healthy pumpkin muffins are a better-for-you alternative to traditional pumpkin muffins or pumpkin bread. Gluten free, sugar free, oil free, and dairy free. Your taste buds will love the healthy fall flavors.
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats (9.3 ounces, toasted & ground, )
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats (2.8 ounces, toasted, reserve 2 Tbsp for muffin tops)
- 1 1/8 cups pumpkin puree ( * 10.7 ounces)
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 6 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk or dairy milk ((full fat, skim or 1 %,))
- 2 tsp real vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- ½ cup walnuts, raisins, dried cranberries, or chocolate chips ((optional))
- Preheat oven to 325. Place all oats on a baking sheet and toast until lightly browned, stirring once (about 4 to 6 minutes). Let cool to room temperature. (If you are in a hurry you can skip this step and use plain old fashioned oats, however the toasting adds flavor.)
- Place 2.5 cups of oats in a food processor and blend/pulse until they reach a rough, flour like consistency.
- Combine pumpkin puree, eggs, maple syrup, milk, and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Add both ground and unground oats to wet ingredients and allow to sit for 10-20 minutes (this allows the oats to soak and soften).
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until just incorporated. (The batter will be very thick.)
- Optional: Fold in approximately 1/2 c walnuts, raisins, chocolate chips, or dried cranberries.
- Scoop batter into muffin tin, lined with muffin wrappers (makes 12-14 muffins). FIll the muffin tins 7/8 full.
- Bake at 350 for about 23 – 25 minutes, a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin should come out clean and the top of the muffin should feel firm.
Use parchment muffin liners or lightly spray liners lightly with oil to make the baked muffins easier to remove.
No pumkin spice? Substitue 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp ground ginger, 1/8 tsp allspice, 1/8 tsp ground cloves, and 1/4 ground nutmeg.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 123
- Sugar: 8.9
- Fat: 0.8
- Carbohydrates: 23.1
- Fiber: 2.5
- Protein: 4.4
- Cholesterol: 26.8
Keywords: healthy pumpkin muffins