This apple puffed oven pancake recipe (also called dutch baby) is a cross between a crepe and a popover. They are blended up in seconds then popped into the oven to cook (and puff) into the perfect breakfast. Try making this delicious apple cinnamon dutch baby for your family, it tastes like apple pie!
Easy Breakfast Recipe: Apple Puffed Oven Pancake
I’m always on the lookout for quick recipes that are versatile enough for any meal. A favorite at the BrenDid homestead is Puffed Oven Pancakes (sometimes called Dutch Baby). My mother-in-law taught me this delicious recipe that she serves with strawberries in the spring.
We love the recipe so much that I created an apple puffed oven pancake recipe for seasons when fresh strawberries aren’t available.
Cook from Your Pantry
This easy recipe uses ingredients you probably have on hand: eggs, flour, milk. It is perfect for a lazy weekend brunch or a quick dinner on busy nights.
We loved it drizzled with a delicious yogurt sauce, a sprinkle of powdered sugar, and crispy oven baked turkey bacon.Print
This easy and delicious puffed oven pancake recipe is great for brunch or a quick dinner. It uses ingredients you have on hand and is ready in a few minutes.
Puffed Oven Pancake
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Confectioners sugar (for dusting)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place butter in an oven proof skillet and melt in oven.
- Toss apples, brown sugar and cinnamon in the skillet with the butter.
- Bake apple mixture for 10 minutes.
- While apples are baking, blend milk, flour, eggs and salt in blender until well combined. (You can also mix by hand with a whisk; make sure there are no lumps.)
- Remove skillet from oven and pour batter over apple mixture. Do not stir.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the pancake is puffed and golden. It will have a cheesecake like texture.
- While baking make yogurt sauce by stirring together ½ cup yogurt and 1 Tbsp brown sugar.
- Remove from oven and lightly dust with confectioner’s sugar. Serve hot with yogurt sauce and turkey bacon.
- Serving Size: 1/5 of pancake
- Calories: 260
Keywords: easy oven pancakes, apple pie pancake, puffed oven pancake, apple cinnamon dutch baby
Tip: Designate one night a week as “breakfast for dinner night.” It simplifies dinner planning and preparation. We love making Apple Pie Puffed Oven Pancake or Knock Your Socks Off Pancakes with Perfect Oven Baked Turkey Bacon.
Bren Did Newsletter Subscribers Get Access!