Spring means fresh, beautiful strawberries; as soon as I can get some I make this Strawberry Puffed Oven Pancake recipe (sometimes called Dutch Baby). My mother-in-law taught me this delicious recipe many years ago. We all love it!
This easy recipe uses basic ingredients you probably have on hand. It is perfect for a lazy weekend brunch or a quick dinner on busy nights. We serve it with Perfect Turkey Bacon. Make sure you try it its delicious yogurt/sour cream sauce, it’s like Strawberry Shortcake for breakfast. I hope you make it for your family.
Puffed Oven Pancake Recipe IngredientsPrint
Puffed Oven Pancake or Dutch Baby is a tender oven baked pancake with strawberry topping. One pancake serves the whole family and it is perfect for breakfast, brunch or dinner.
- Puffed Oven Pancake
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4–5 sliced strawberries mixed with 1 tbsp white sugar (I like to muddle them a bit to get them juicy.)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place butter in an oven proof skillet and place in oven until melted.
- Blend milk, flour, eggs, vanilla and salt in blender until well combined. (You can also mix by hand with a whisk; make sure there are no lumps.)
- Remove skillet from oven and pour batter over melted butter. Do not stir.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the pancake is puffed and golden. It will have a cheesecake like texture.
- While baking make yogurt sauce by stirring together the yogurt, sour cream and brown sugar.
- Remove from oven and serve hot with yogurt sauce and turkey bacon.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of pancake
- Calories: 180
Keywords: easy oven pancake, strawberry dutch baby, dutch oven pancake
Tip: This recipe is a great use for fresh strawberries that must-be-used today, you can also substitute thawed frozen sliced strawberries. If strawberries aren’t available, try Apple Cinnamon Puffed Oven Pancake. Serve with Turkey Bacon.