This easy and delicious puffed oven pancake recipe is great for brunch or a quick dinner. It uses ingredients you have on hand and is ready in a few minutes.
Puffed Oven Pancake
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Confectioners sugar (for dusting)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place butter in an oven proof skillet and melt in oven.
- Toss apples, brown sugar and cinnamon in the skillet with the butter.
- Bake apple mixture for 10 minutes.
- While apples are baking, blend milk, flour, eggs and salt in blender until well combined. (You can also mix by hand with a whisk; make sure there are no lumps.)
- Remove skillet from oven and pour batter over apple mixture. Do not stir.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the pancake is puffed and golden. It will have a cheesecake like texture.
- While baking make yogurt sauce by stirring together ½ cup yogurt and 1 Tbsp brown sugar.
- Remove from oven and lightly dust with confectioner’s sugar. Serve hot with yogurt sauce and turkey bacon.
- Serving Size: 1/5 of pancake
- Calories: 260
Keywords: easy oven pancakes, apple pie pancake, puffed oven pancake, apple cinnamon dutch baby