Tomato, black bean and corn salad recipe with cilantro dresses up any meal. If grilled chicken is a “go-to” meal for your family you need this simple recipe!
We love grilled chicken. It’s simple to throw on the grill and dinner is ready in just a few minutes. Howeverplain grilled chicken can get quite boring.
Enter this delicious southwestern recipe that can masquerade as a salad, salsa or chutney!
Tomato, Black Bean, and Corn Salad Recipe
This salad is simple to throw together and holds up well in the refrigerator (in fact, it gets better as the flavors marinate). We use it as a side dish to grilled chicken one night, as a topping for tacos the next evening, or as a southwest salad mixed with lettuce and leftover chicken for lunch.
It is also great mixed with rice and rolled into a vegetarian burrito.
Confession: After making the salad to photograph for this post I have eaten it in some form everyday this week!Print
Black bean and corn salad with tomato and cilantro dresses up grilled chicken, is great with Mexican foods like enchiladas, and can even be tossed with a green salad.
- 1 –15 oz can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn (thawed and drained)
- 2 green onions (diced)
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (measure before chopping)
- 1–2 Tbsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp water
- Combine black beans, corn, green onion, tomatoes and cilantro in a medium bowl, toss to combine.
- Combine chili powder, garlic salt, cumin, lime juice and water in a measuring cup. Stir until there are no lumps.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Lasts up to 6 days in the refrigerator, stir before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 252
Keywords: black bean and corn salad, easy black bean salad
No Leftovers, Please
I do not like leftovers, so I love this salad’s ability to transform into a variety of dishes without getting boring. It’s also great with Easy Crock Pot Chicken Tacos.
Tip: Try this recipe a variety of ways; serve as a side dish to chicken or fish, use as salsa or as a topping for tacos, mix with lettuce and chicken for a southwest salad, mix with rice and roll into a vegetarian burrito.
Like my easy recipes? Sign up for my newsletter below and never miss a thing!