This healthy chicken taco recipe is a throw-an-go crock pot meal that is perfect for busy nights. Simply add the ingredients to the slow cooker and dinner is ready!
Easy Chicken Recipes
I love easy chicken breast recipes. Bags of frozen chicken breasts are a convenient way to get dinner ready fast. This healthy chicken taco recipe can be made into chicken tacos, chicken taco salad, chicken enchiladas or even chicken nachos – they’re all crowd pleasers. (It also helps when they come with a heaping helping of guacamole.)
Healthy Chicken Taco Recipe: a Throw and Go Meal
I also love “throw and go” crock pot recipes. It's my affectionate term for crock pot recipes that require very little preparation but still produce tasty results. This recipe for chicken tacos meets both requirements. As an added bonus, it eliminates the high sodium levels and mystery ingredients found in taco seasoning packets making them a healthy dinner choice.
It’s the perfect meal for nights when you’re too busy to cook. Maybe I should call these Never Too Busy To Cook Chicken Tacos.
Bonus tip: Make a double batch and freeze half of the chicken taco meat for an even easier dinner option.
- 1 -2.5 lbs bag of frozen chicken tenders or boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic or onion powder not salt
- ¼ tsp oregano
Place (aka throw) the frozen chicken into the crockpot. Do not thaw!
- Dump the spices onto the chicken.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 8-9 hours
- Stir to combine spices, shred chicken in crock pot
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings. We love our soft shell tacos with cheese, lettuce, diced tomatoes, salsa, and homemade guacamole.
- Enjoy your homemade dinner.
MORE EASY CROCK POT RECIPES
I love crock pot dinners that require little to no prep. They are perfect for busy days and help keep healthy eating on track. Try these other easy crock pot recipes that are sure to become family favorites:
Like my easy crock pot recipes? Sign up for my free newsletter below and never miss a thing!