Love cookies but want a recipes with no flour, no dairy, no eggs, and no added sugar? You've hit the jackpot! You can feel good about serving these delicious cookies to your kids!
This post uses affiliate links. They don’t cost you a thing and help us bring you creative projects. Read more in Policies & Disclosures.
I adore my children and love to bake them their favorite treats…
but lately I’ve been a bit of a tyrant when it comes to sugar our intake.
I’ll I’ve been saying is no, No, NO!
Just Say No to Sugar
After a spring filled with school parties, family celebrations, and treat filled activities I knew we needed to get off the sugar train and back on the healthy eating wagon.
I started the whole family on the 10 Day Sugar Detox from Dr Mark Hyman and I’m loving all the new recipes and focus on healthy ingredients.
My kids, however, are missing the sweet treats (that are not fruit).
Sugar Detox Light
I’m 100% hard core into the sugar detox but I know I have to take it easy on the kids for a couple of reasons:
- I want to teach them moderation in eating instead of the all or nothing trap I tend to fall into.
- The detox recipes are pushing them to try new foods outside their comfort zone (and they are being real troopers!).
- With summer activities in full swing my kids are getting tons of exercise.
- Life is miserable with unhappy kids.
No Sugar No Flour No Dairy No Eggs
You can whip up a batch of healthy cookies in no time with simple ingredients you probably have on hand.
This recipe uses no flour, no dairy, no eggs, and no added sugar but still make delicious cookies. How is this possible?
- The banana takes the place of refined sugar make the cookies sweet.
- The oatmeal takes the place of wheat flour given them the smooth texture with no gluten (no special flours needed)
- Nut butter adds healthy fat that give the cookies the yummy-nummy “mouth feel” without dairy.
My favorite thing about this cookie reci[pe? You don’t need any of the special ingredients sometimes called for in gluten-free recipes (no coconut flour, almond flour, xanthan gum, or guar gum) and they have absolutely no artificial sweetener. SCORE!
How to Make Healthy Cookies with Oatmeal
Oatmeal is not as smooth as wheat flour. To get a more traditional cookies texture I mix the batter in my food processor. This chops the oats into smaller pieces and makes sure there are no banana chunks in the cookies.
Once the batter is prepared you can add your own mix ins to customize the flavor. We love adding frozen raspberries, nuts, chocolate chips and even shredded coconut. (The cookies are also delicious plain!)
- Since the cookie dough is sticky it is easiest to add the mix ins to the top of the cookies once they are on the cookie sheet.
Love cookies but want a recipes with no flour, no dairy, no eggs, and no added sugar? You've hit the jackpot! You can feel good about serving these delicious cookies to your kids. Add your favorite add ins.
- 2 large bananas, very ripe (3/4 of a cup mashed)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 3 tbsp peanut butter or almond butter (no sugar added)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Add bananas to food processor and blend until smooth.
Add remaining ingredients and blend until well combined and smooth.
Scoop 2 tbsp of batter per cookie onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
Smooth slightly into cookie shape.
Add a few pieces of fruit, nuts, or chocolate chips (if desired).
Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes. The cookie may look slightly unbaked on the surface but should be cooked through, check by breaking open a cookie.
More Healthy Cookies
Check out my Healthy Chocolate Cookies too. They are so healthy you can eat them for breakfast!
Baking with Kids
These cookies are easy to make, only contain a few ingredients, and don't take long to prepare. It's the perfect recipe to make with young kids.
Plus, as a bonus, the cookies contain no eggs so you don't have to worry about little people licking their fingers… MOM win!
Like my easy recipes? Sign up for my newsletter below and never miss a thing!