Looking for a crisp refreshing summer beverage? Try this frozen Arnold Palmer drink recipe! It’s a delicious non-alcoholic beverage made with lemonade and ice tea. Plus learn an easy tip to make sure your drink never becomes weak and watery.
Thank you Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company for sponsoring this post.
I’m not a golfer but I am a huge fan of the Arnold Palmer…. the drink, not the man. What’s an Arnold Palmer? It’s a refreshing summer mocktail made with ice tea and lemonade. You may have heard it called a half and half.
The drink, named after golfing legend Arnold Palmer, is so famous it has a 30 for 30 documentary short dedicated to it. What other summer drink can say that?
The Legend of the Arnold Palmer
According to Palmer the drink was originally concocted in his home Latrobe, PA home and became famous in the 1970s after he ordered it in a restaurant in Palm Springs, CA
The Frozen Arnold Palmer
The Arnold Palmer has been called “the most refreshing drink in the world.” So, how can it be made better?
Lemonade ice cubes! Freeze Simply Lemonade® into cubes to prevent the drink from getting weak and watery. This allows you to enjoy a cold refreshing Arnold Palmer whether you’re on the golf course or at a family gathering on your patio.
It is perfection, seriously!
Looking for a crisp refreshing summer beverage? Try this frozen Arnold Palmer drink recipe. It’s a delicious non-alcoholic beverage made with lemonade ice cubes, lemonade, and ice tea. Use lemonade ice cubes to make sure the drink never becomes weak and watery.
- 4 cups lemonade
- 8 cups unsweetened ice tea
- Lemonade ice cubes
- Pour lemonade into a ice cube tray and freeze for several hours until firm.
- Steep four black tea bags in 8 cups of nearly boiling water for 15 minutes, remove tea bags, chill.
- Fill a glass with lemonade ice cubes.
- Fill one quarter of the glass with lemonade.
- Fill the remainder of the glass with unsweetened ice tea.
- Stir and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 glass
- Calories: 21
Keywords: frozen Arnold Palmer
Arnold Palmer Drink Variations
- Adjust the mixture to taste by increasing the ice tea or lemonade.
- If you enjoy a really sweet Arnold Palmer, mix equal parts of lemonade and sweet tea. This version is a “Winnie Palmer,” Arnold’s first wife.
- Try different types of teas to vary the flavor of the drink. I add a mint tea bag when brewing my ice tea for a delicious change.
- The drink is delicious with different flavors of lemonade. Try raspberry lemonade with ice tea for a twist on the classic.
Make this recipe even easier by using pre-made lemonade. I used Simply Lemonade, it’s an all-natural juice drink that contain just pure filtered water, cane sugar, not-from-concentrate fruit juice, and natural flavors.
Try making a Frozen Arnold Palmer! Arnold Palmer, the king of the golf course, likes his “straight with lots of ice.” I love mine with extra lemonade ice cubes!
Like my simple recipes? Like my page on Facebook and never miss a thing!
Bren Did Newsletter Subscribers Get Access!