Roses petals are a beautiful addition to natural crafts, DIY body care recipes, and household décor. They are also very simple to make and nearly free! Learn how to dry rose petals in just minutes with no special supplies!
How to Dry Rose Petals
Drying roses at home is very simple!
1.Gather rose petals that have not been treated with herbicides, pesticides, or other chemicals.
2. Gently rinse the rose petals and drain them well.
3. Place the petals in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure there are no stems or bugs in your petals.
4. Bake the petals for 10 minutes at 200 degrees or until the petals are crisp and break easily (like potato chips). You do not want any residual water in the petals, if your are still flexible bake for 2 more minutes, remove, and recheck.
5. Cool the petals completely and store in an airtight container.
10 Uses for Dried Rose Petals
- Use dried rose petals to make Natural Detox Bath Salts (get the recipe).
- Dried rose petals can also be used to make rose water.
- Sprinkle dried rose petals into a romantic bath.
- Combine dried rose petals with herbs, spices, and essential oils to create a fragrant potpourri mix.
- Small cotton or muslin bags can be filled with dried rose petals to make room refreshing sachets for closets and drawers
- Sprinkle dried rose petals into envelopes or sprinkle over sheets of tissue paper for unforgettable gifts.
- Planning a wedding? Dried rose petals can also be scattered down the aisle or throw at the happy couple instead of rice as natural biodegradable confetti
- You can cook with dried rose petals or make tea. (Make sure rose petals used in food preparation are free of any chemicals.)
- Use dried rose petals to naturally decorate cakes or cookies. (Make sure rose petals used in food preparation are free of any chemicals.)
- Make homemade paper using rose petal as an accent.
More Natural Craft Projects
I love making craft projects from material I find outside. Check out these fun crafts:
Like my easy craft projects? Sign up for my newsletter below and never miss a thing!