I love interesting salad recipes that combine unique flavors and textures. One of my favorites is Easy Fresh Broccoli Salad. It’s a delicious alternative to everyday lettuce salads and is very fast to prepare. This creamy broccoli salad pairs broccoli with walnut, dried cranberries and a tangy but sweet dressing. It’s a great side dish, but also satisfies as a main dish. I love packing it for lunch as it holds up well to travel and refrigeration.
This salad is easy to adapt to vegetarian or vegan dietary requirements. Simple choose a mayonnaise that is vegetarian or vegan.
Are you a broccoli lover? If you’re not you should consider giving broccoli it another try. It’s a good source of protein, dietary fiber, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Iron, and Calcium.
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip or 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar optional
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets, chopped must be fresh
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup craisins
- Combine Miracle Whip, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl.
- Mix broccoli, walnuts, and craisins.
- Pour dressing over broccoli mixture, mix to combine.
- Chill one hour or overnight.
I hope you try Easy Fresh Broccoli Salad or one of my other easy recipes for broccoli. Our family loves Balsamic Roasted Chicken with Quick Oven Roasted Broccoli.
If you’re looking for another main dish salad try my Barley and Beet Salad with Gorgonzola Cheese and Simple Balsamic Vinaigrette.
What's your favorite way to cook broccoli?