Crock Pot Chicken Marsala is a throw and go slow cooker recipe that is as delicious as it is easy! Spend ten minutes assembling the ingredients in the morning and come home to a ready-to-eat chicken dinner. It's delicious served over pasta, rice, or garlic mashed potatoes.
This easy crock pot chicken marsala recipe is stuffed with sun dried tomatoes, spinach and mushrooms. It’s like cross between traditional chicken marsala and chicken florentine that's all dressed up with beautiful red tomatoes.
The chicken, mushrooms, and sun dried tomatoes simmer in the Marsala wine to create a delicious sauce flavored with your favorite Italian herbs. Then you shred the chicken and stir in some fresh spinach at the last minute to get perfectly cooked vegetables that are not mushy or discolored.
This recipe gets a thumbs-up from each member of our family. The chicken is tender and flavorful, the mushrooms are browned but firm, and the sun dried tomatoes are smooth and velvety.
Even the kiddos ask for seconds… including the spinach. Score one for mom!
Crock Pot Chicken Marsala (a Throw and Go Meal)
Can I get a round of applause for throw and go crock pot meals? They take just a few minutes to prep and then dinner is ready just when you need it.
“Throw and go” is what I affectionately call simple crock pot meals that require no precooking. To win my approval these recipes must include just a few basic ingredients I can toss in the slow cooker as I run out of the house. (There is no time for browning or fussy preparations in my morning schedule!)
Crock pot meals save me all year long! From the busy school year to the too-hot-to-cook summer months I love using the slow cooker to keep us out of restaurants and eating healthier.
Another thing I love about Crock Pot Chicken Marsala…there are no extra dishes needed to prepare dinner. You’ll need just one crock pot for the chicken sauce and one sauce pan to boil the pasta then presto… one of the most delicious crockpot meals you will ever make!
To keep the prep extra simple I cook the chicken breasts whole. Before serving I remove the cooked chicken from the slow cooker and cut into chunks or use forks to pull it apart into large pieces then gently stir it back into the sauce.
I hope you enjoy this easy Crock Pot Chicken Marsala recipe.
This easy Chicken Marsala recipe is stuffed with sun dried tomatoes, spinach, and mushrooms. Spend ten minutes assembling the ingredients in the morning and come home to a ready-to-eat chicken dinner. It's delicious served over pasta, rice, or garlic mashed potatoes.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (optional, use to grease inside of slow cooker for easier cleanup)
- 3–4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed (approximately 30-40 ounces or 2-2.5 lbs)
- 2–3 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, drained (packed in oil, 8 ounces before draining)
- 16 ounce fresh mushrooms, sliced (use 8 ounces if you do not love mushrooms)
- 1 cup chicken broth (8 ounces)
- 1 cup Marsala (8 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning, dried
Add after cooking add:
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (4 ounces)
- 3 Tbsp corn starch (mixed well with broth, no lumps)
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach (stir in after broth/corn starch mixture)
- 8 ounces dried linguine (cooked according to package directions)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Rub inside of 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with olive oil to make clean up easier (optional).
- Arrange chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Place sun dried tomatoes and minced garlic evenly over seasoned chicken breasts.
- Top chicken with mushrooms and pour broth and marsala around the edges of the slow cooker. (Do no pour liquids directly over the chicken or you will rinse off the seasoning.)
- Cover; cook on High setting 3-4 hours or Low heat setting for 6-7 hours (please note: Each slow cooker tends to cook at a slightly different speed. Watch this recipes closely the first time to find out exactly how long it takes to cook to your liking. Chicken should have an internal temp of 165 degrees and pull apart easily.)
- 15-20 minutes before serving time, cook pasta as directed on package.
- While pasta is cooking remove chicken from slow cooker and cut into chunks or use forks to pull apart into large chunks.
- Turn slow cooker to high. Combine cornstarch and remaining ½ cup chicken broth in a small bowl; stir into liquid in slow cooker.
- Stir in spinach and cover. Cook until spinach wilts and sauce thickens (about 5 minutes).
- Gently stir in shredded chicken.
- Serve immediately over pasta with Parmesan cheese to sprinkle over the top.
*Each slow cooker tends to cook at a slightly different speed. Watch this recipes closely the first time to find out exactly how long it takes to cook to your liking. Chicken should have an internal temp of 165 degrees and pull apart easily.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 278
- Fat: 4.8
- Carbohydrates: 22
- Protein: 31
Keywords: crockpot chicken marsala
More Easy Pot Meals
I love crock pot dinners that require little to no prep. They are perfect for busy days and help keep healthy eating on track. Try these other easy crock pot recipes that are sue to become family favorites:
Like my easy recipes? Sign up for my free newsletter below and never miss a thing!