This easy Chicken Marsala recipe is stuffed with sun dried tomatoes, spinach, and mushrooms. Spend ten minutes assembling the ingredients in the morning and come home to a ready-to-eat chicken dinner. It’s delicious served over pasta, rice, or garlic mashed potatoes.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (optional, use to grease inside of slow cooker for easier cleanup)
- 3–4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed (approximately 30–40 ounces or 2–2.5 lbs)
- 2–3 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, drained (packed in oil, 8 ounces before draining)
- 16 ounce fresh mushrooms, sliced (use 8 ounces if you do not love mushrooms)
- 1 cup chicken broth (8 ounces)
- 1 cup Marsala (8 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning, dried
Add after cooking add:
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (4 ounces)
- 3 Tbsp corn starch (mixed well with broth, no lumps)
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach (stir in after broth/corn starch mixture)
- 8 ounces dried linguine (cooked according to package directions)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Rub inside of 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with olive oil to make clean up easier (optional).
- Arrange chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Place sun dried tomatoes and minced garlic evenly over seasoned chicken breasts.
- Top chicken with mushrooms and pour broth and marsala around the edges of the slow cooker. (Do no pour liquids directly over the chicken or you will rinse off the seasoning.)
- Cover; cook on High setting 3-4 hours or Low heat setting for 6-7 hours (please note: Each slow cooker tends to cook at a slightly different speed. Watch this recipes closely the first time to find out exactly how long it takes to cook to your liking. Chicken should have an internal temp of 165 degrees and pull apart easily.)
- 15-20 minutes before serving time, cook pasta as directed on package.
- While pasta is cooking remove chicken from slow cooker and cut into chunks or use forks to pull apart into large chunks.
- Turn slow cooker to high. Combine cornstarch and remaining ½ cup chicken broth in a small bowl; stir into liquid in slow cooker.
- Stir in spinach and cover. Cook until spinach wilts and sauce thickens (about 5 minutes).
- Gently stir in shredded chicken.
- Serve immediately over pasta with Parmesan cheese to sprinkle over the top.
*Each slow cooker tends to cook at a slightly different speed. Watch this recipes closely the first time to find out exactly how long it takes to cook to your liking. Chicken should have an internal temp of 165 degrees and pull apart easily.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 278
- Fat: 4.8
- Carbohydrates: 22
- Protein: 31
Keywords: crockpot chicken marsala