Are you a cookie lover? These healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are delicious AND are made with better for you ingredients. Try some today!
Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
In my opinion, the best chocolate chip cookies are homemade chocolate chip cookies! That might be because I’m from the Midwest (Iowa to be specific). I have lived in 9 states and one foreign country. But one thing I’ve learned in all of those moves is that in the Midwest, like nowhere else…
FOOD = LOVE
I spend tons of time deliberating over food choices and preparation whether I am having friends over for a casual dinner or hosting a cocktail party. I always make too much food and I love it when people are happy because of my cooking.
I also love baking cookies for my kids. It is such a simple gesture that instantly puts a smile on their face. What could be better as a kid than a warm homemade chocolate chip cookie after school?
Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
I want my kids to be healthy and develop good eating habits, so I redesigned our favorite oatmeal cookie recipe.
- I eliminated some of the butter in lieu of coconut oil, substituted whole wheat and ground oatmeal for some of the white flour and eliminated some of the sugar.
- I hate to brag, but these healthy cookies are the best chocolate chip cookies!
I hope you try making these healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.Print
Delicious chewy homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with less sugar and fat than the originals. Also replaces some of the white flour with ground oatmeal and whole wheat.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp skim milk (if needed to thin the dough)
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup oatmeal ground in food processor or blender
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter, coconut oil and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla then mix well.
- Add the flours, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix together until well incorporated. If the dough is too thick add 2 tbsp of milk to thin.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix gently.
- Drop 1 tablespoon of dough for each cookie onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8- 10 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 188
- Sugar: 13.4
- Sodium: 104.6
- Fat: 9.3
- Carbohydrates: 24.4
- Protein: 2.6
- Cholesterol: 19.9
Keywords: healthy chocolate chip cookies
Like my easy recipes? Sign up for my newsletter below and never miss a thing!