Satisfy your french fry cravings with healthy oven baked carrot fries. These vitamin-packed vegetable fries allow you to enjoy french fries that are tasty and healthy!
What are Carrot Fries?
Carrot fries are french fries made by baking fresh carrots in the oven. Think sweet potato fries with a twist! They are tasty and loaded with healthy nutrients.
What do Carrot Fries Taste Like?
Carrot fries taste a lot like sweet potato fries. Everyone in our family loves them… even my son who hates french fries (I know, I don’t understand his taste buds either).
Are Carrot Fries Healthy?
Carrot fries are healthy for a few reasons: 1) they are baked, not fried; 2) they are packed with vitamins and fiber; 3) they have less calories than basic potato or sweet potato fries.
How Many Calories in Carrot Fries?
One serving of carrot fries contains 114 calories. A serving of sweet potato fries prepared using the same method is 216 calories. A serving of regular potato fries prepared the same way has 177 calories.
Carrot French Fry Dipping Sauce
I’m all about the dipping sauce when it come to fries. Baked carrot fries are perfect when paired with homemade sriracha sauce (sriracha aioli). Bonus, the siracha mayo combo is AMAZING on a homemade burger or served with a steak!
Are you a sriracha fan? I was a bit scared of the spicy, Thai-style chili sauce when I first encountered it. But when it is mixed with mayonnaise it’s amazing! The dip is creamy and salty with a little bit of a kick (you control the level of spice by adding more or less sriracha).
How to Make Sriracha Dipping Sauce
Stir together a few tablespoons of mayonnaise with a teaspoon of sriracha. Boom… the perfect sriracha aioli.
How to Make Carrot Fries
Peel carrots, slice into fry shaped pieces, toss with olive oil, and bake at 425 degree for about 10 minutes, flip fries over and continue to bake for another 10 minutes. Fries should be tender but still firm.
It’s seriously that easy!Print
Satisfy your french fry cravings with healthy oven baked carrot fries. These vitamin-packed fries are tasty and healthy! Serve with homemade sriracha aioli (aka sriracha mayonnaise).
- 1 lb carrots (about 8 medium)
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp salt (to taste)
Sriracha Dipping Sauce (Sriracha Aioli)
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp sriracha (start with 1/2 tsp and add more as desired)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Wash, peel, and slice carrots into French fry size pieces. (Cut each carrot in half lengthwise and then in half again until they are about 3 inches by ½ inch.)
- Toss carrots with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Arrange carrot fries in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Flip carrot fries. Continue baking until tender but still firm, about 10 more minutes.
- While fried bake, stir together mayonnaise and sriracha in a small bowl to make sriracha aioli.
- Serve carrot fries immediately with sriracha dipping sauce.
- Serving Size: 0.5 batch
- Calories: 177
- Sugar: 2.6
- Fat: 2.6
- Saturated Fat: 0.4
- Carbohydrates: 35.9
- Fiber: 5.5
- Protein: 3.8
Keywords: carrot fries, sriracha aioli