Learn how to make a smoothie the lazy mom way…. with no special blender or attachments!
My kids have a thing for smoothies; unfortunately they each want different flavors and I am a very lazy mom who hates cleaning the blender.
Imagine how delighted I was when I discovered how to make smoothie without getting the blender dirty!
It’s the easiest way to make a smoothie and as a bonus, it utilizes Mason jars (and I LOOOVVVEEE Mason jars).
Here’s How to Make a Smoothie (The EASY, Lazy Mom Way)
Screw the bottom of your blender onto the Mason jar and it turns into a mini blender.
(Really people, this is Nobel Laureate stuff!)
When it comes time to clean up, I hand wash the bottom of the blender and toss the jars in the dishwasher. As a bonus, this trick also allows each family member to build their own custom smoothie.
Our favorite smoothie ingredients:
- Frozen mango and peaches (we also add strawberries on crazy days)
- Orange juice
- Vanilla yogurt
- Fill the jar with frozen fruit, leaving room for the blender bottom.
- Add yogurt to taste (approximately ¼ cup)
- Add juice to fill (approximately 1/2 cup)
- Blend until smooth (If the mixture isn’t combining remove the jar and shake it. You may need to add more juice.)
- Remove blender bottom and enjoy!
*We have tried both pint size Mason jars and half pint Mason jars. You need to make sure there is a standard size mouth on the jar and that the bottom of your blender screws tightly to the jar.
Do you hate cleaning the blender? Try your favorite smoothie recipe with this technique and let me know how you like it.
Like my easy tips and tricks? Sign up for my newsletter below and never miss a thing!