Make this tasty homemade Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice and feel the magic! This easy pumpkin cider recipe is a healthy version of the Pumpkin Juice sold at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, it contains real pumpkin and no refined sugar!
This post uses affiliate links. They don’t cost you a thing and help us bring you creative projects. Read more in Policies & Disclosures.
Harry Potter Fanatics
Let me just admit it up front… I’m a Harry Potter fanatic!
I love the book’s lesson about ordinary people triumphing over evil and can’t get enough of the fun, magical setting.
My love of Harry Potter has rubbed off on my kids (with a little help from me…)
- I read my kids each of the books, I dressed them as Harry and Hermione for Halloween, I threw them Harry Potter birthday parties, I bought them a subscription to the Wizarding World Loot Crate (a box of Harry Potter Goodies delivered to your mailbox)…
AND we love to snack on the unusual treats from the books:
- Butterbeer Smoothies, Butterbeer Lattes, Bertie Botts Every Flavor Bean, and Pumpkin Juice are our favorites.
Our favorite Harry Potter treat for fall is pumpkin juice.
You’ve probably heard of the tasty treat, it’s a popular non-alcoholic beverage in the wizarding world.
In the books and movies pumpkin juice is served everywhere from meals and fancy feasts at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to the snack trolley on board the Hogwarts express. You can even find pumpkin juice in the New York home of Tina and Queenie Goldstein in the movie Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
The juice also appears in one of my favorite Harry Potter scenes:
Harry makes Ron Weasley think he slipped Felix Felicis (Liquid Luck) into his pumpkin juice to help him play well during his first Quiditch match. Harry’s trick helps his best friend play to his full potential and the Gryffindor team beats Slytherin.
We first tried iced pumpkin juice in a bottle at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios in Orlando.
I'll admit it, I was hesitant to try a pumpkin flavored drink… but the stuff is delicious! Imagine a cross between pumpkin pie and apple cider… yum!
Homemade Pumpkin Juice
You can get in on the Harry Potter fun without having to travel to Florida or California. This delicious recipe for recreates the flavor of the Wizarding World’s Pumpkin Juice and can be served hot or cold.
We love the warm pumpkin cider in fall and winter. It's like autumn in a mug! Plus I feel great about serving it to my kiddos because the recipe uses no refined sugar and no artificial coloring… just simple ingredients from your kitchen.Print
Make this tasty homemade Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice and feel the magic! This easy pumpkin cider recipe is a healthy version of the Pumpkin Juice sold at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, it contains no refined sugar and is made with real pumpkin!
- 1 ½ cups apple juice or apple cider
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree (canned )
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Combine pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice in a small sauce, heat and stir until warm and fragrant.
- Slowly stir in apple juice or cider until well combined.
- Heat and stir until warm but not boiling.
- Pour into mugs and garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks (if desired)
- To serve the pumpkin juice cold: cool to room temperature, chill in the refrigerator until ice cold, shake well to combine before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 batch
- Calories: 97
- Sugar: 19.8
- Carbohydrates: 24
Keywords: pumpkin juice recipe, Harry Potter pumpkin juice, Wizarding World pumpkin puice
Looking for even more magical treats? This Harry Potter Inspired Butterbeer Smoothie is a healthy version of the Butterbeer sold at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter it contains no refined sugar and is dairy free!
I hope you try making pumpkin cider, it’s the perfect fall treat for kids (and ADULTS) who love Harry Potter.
Like my healthy recipes? Sign up for my newsletter below and never miss a thing!