Prepare yourself for the world's most delicious chicken salad recipe! My friend Emily makes the most delicious chicken salad I have ever tasted (in addition to being a great decorators, extremely creative, a supreme ikebana (Japanese flower arranging) coordinator, thrift shopper extraordinaire, and a medical school graduate – yeah, my friends ROCK!) I asked her for the recipe after one bite and she said it was called “Seven C’s Chicken Salad.”
I interpreted this homophone as “Seven Seas Chicken Salad.” I was very confused as I could not identify any seafood in the recipe, until Emily graciously explained my mistake. Even now I can’t help but talk a little pirate every time I make it, even though it contains no seafood at all! So join me and the Cap’in, “Argh Me Matey”, and try this delicious chicken salad. It’s great as a sandwich or on its own served on a bed of lettuce. Thanks for sharing Emily!
The original recipe calls for all mayonnaise and a tablespoon of sugar in the dressing. I like to substitute ½ Greek yogurt and leave out the sugar. I think it’s just as delicious and a bit lighter.Print
This recipe, which has 7 main ingredients, is an delicious twist on chicken salad. It’s great as a sandwich or on its own served on a bed of lettuce.
- 4 Chicken Breasts (grilled or boiled, chilled and shredded)
- 1/2 cup Celery (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Carrot (shredded)
- 1/4 cup Cashews (crushed)
- 1/4 cup Craisins
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro (minced)
- 1/8 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt (the original recipe calls for all mayonnaise plus 1 Tbsp sugar)
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- Whisk dressing ingredients together (mayonnaise, greek yogurt, milk, vinegar).
- Place all seven salad ingredients (chicken, celery, carrot, cashews, craysons, cilantro, curry powder) in a bowl and add dressing until you reach the desired consistency. Serve immediately with bread or on a bed of lettuce. Store all leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 405
Keywords: chicken salad, seven c's chicken salad
What is your favorite chicken salad recipe?