Throw on a costume, grab some candy, and whip up this easy Halloween sangria recipe. This tasty white wine sangria adds holiday spirit (and the lovely orange color of candy corn) to any Halloween celebration.
The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. This post contains affiliate links. They don’t cost you a thing, but help us bring you creative projects. Read more at Policies & Disclosures.
It’s Starting to Feel Like Home
We’ve been living in our small Midwest town for a little over 4 years (the longest we’ve lived anywhere) and it’s really beginning to feel like home to me.
What makes a place feel like home to you?
Is it running into neighbors at the store, having a favorite local restaurant, or taking place in the same annual traditions?
For me it’s the people.
Hostess with the Most-est
When we first moved to Nebraska we were lucky to find a rental house in a small neighborhood full of friendly, social neighbors. They plan casual summer BBQs, amazing 4th of July fireworks, sweet Easter egg hunts, and more.
One of my favorite annual events is the neighborhood Halloween potluck. It’s organized and hosted by the same family each October. (Yes, they’re amazing!)
Before trick-or-treating begins the neighbors converge on their house with crock pots of soup or chili, mummy hot dogs, vegetable trays, and costumed kids. There is just enough time to grab a quick bite to eat before taking the kiddos door to door or walking home to hand out candy.
It’s the perfect pre-Halloween event!
Easy Halloween Sangria Recipe
The sangria was the biggest hit!
(Probably because parents appreciate a glass of wine before walking around the neighborhood for a few hours!)
This year I’ve dressed up my favorite white sangria recipe with orange and yellow fruit.
The frozen fruit infuses the sangria with flavor (no chopping required) and makes the dispenser look a bit like candy corn.
It’s Halloween perfection!
How to Make White Wine Sangria
Sangria is the perfect party drink since it tastes best when it is prepared the day before (or several days before) the event. The night of the party you can simply set out the dispenser and let guests serve themselves.
This allows you to enjoy the festivities without having to play bartender and your guests get to enjoy the refreshing wine and fruit!
I make my Halloween sangria recipe in a 2-Gallon Beverage Dispenser to make sure there is plenty for everyone.
This tasty white wine sangria adds holiday spirit (and natural orange color) to any Halloween celebration. (Hint: It's perfect all year long!)
- 48 ounces pineapple (frozen)
- 48 ounces mango (frozen)
- 1.5 liter white wine (Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc)
- 16 ounces lemon lime soda (or lemonade, or pineapple juice, 2 cups)
- 16 ounces triple sec (2 cups)
- 8 ounces lemon juice (1 cup)
- Layer frozen fruit in container alternating between mango and pineapple.
- Combine all liquid ingredients in a pitcher, stir, then pour over fruit in beverage dispenser. Allow to steep in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours. Serve cold.
How to Make Sangria for a Party
Making sangria for a crowd? You can get double use from the fruit. Here are the easy steps:
- Layer the pineapple and mango in the beverage dispenser as directed, then mix up two batches of the wine/juice mixture.
- Fill the dispenser with the first batch of wine/juice and steep for 6-8 hours to absorb the fruit flavors. (Make sure to refrigerate.)
- Drain the wine mixture into a clean pitcher leaving the fruit in the dispenser and refrigerate.
- Refill the dispenser with the second batch of wine/juice and steep for 6-8 hours to absorb the fruit flavors. (Make sure to refrigerate.)
- Serve the sangria from the dispenser. Refill as needed with the first batch of steeped wine.
I hope you enjoy this tasty (and easy) Halloween sangria!
More Party Drink Ideas
My favorite cocktail? The Gin Rickey!
Want more sangria? Try my red, white and blue 4th of July sangria.
Like my easy recipes? Sign up for my newsletter below and never miss a thing!