A holiday banner is an easy way to dress up any room for the season. It also adds holiday charm to parties and celebrations. One of my favorite sources for seasonal banners is Pottery Barn. Their simple styles are classic yet stylish. This Christmas I am in love with their glitter Merry Christmas Banner. It features a classic font that is highlighted by the red and silver color scheme.
I was all set to click “add to cart” when I noticed the price, $22 for a banner made of paper cardstock letter, twine, and glitter. I decided I could easily make my own banner for a fraction of the price using glitter cardstock that is available in the scrapbooking section of most craft stores.
Merry Christmas Banner Tutorial
The Pottery Barn banner uses just a few simple supplies: cardstock or glitter cardstock, cotton twine, and tape or washi tape. Grab your supplies and try making the banner today!
- 1 sheet silver corrugated glitter cardstock, 12×12
- 2 sheets red corrugated glitter cardstock, 12×12
- 2.5 yards cotton “bakers” twine
- washi tape or masking tape
The project is very simple. Simply print the pattern, trace it onto the back of your cardstock, cut out the letters, and secure the letters to the twine.
- Print the free pattern.
- Trace the pattern onto the back of your card stock and cut out the letters.
- Using X-Acto Knife or a Silhouette cutter to make the cutting process easier.
- Secure the letter to your baker’s twine using tape. (I used washi tape.)
- Enjoy your beautiful new Merry Christmas Banner!
Merry Christmas Banner Cost
I really love how this banner turned out! The silver is sparkly and almost white, just like newly fallen snow.
I especially love the SAVINGS! The Pottery Barn price is $22.00, mine was about 84% off…. $3.64!
- Glitter cardstock – three 12×12 pieces or $3.00
- Baker’s Twine – 2.5 yards or $0.24
- Washi Tape – 1 foot or $0.40
- Total cost= $3.64
That’s a $18.36 savings (83.5% off of the original price). I LOVE those savings even more than glitter!
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas! Sign up for my newsletter below and never miss a post!
Bren Did Newsletter Subscribers Get Access!