These easy Ham, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Muffins taste like your favorite ham & cheese biscuits. They are perfect for busy mornings when you don’t have time to cook but want to serve a hot, homemade meal.
This post is sponsored by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
We’ve always been a grab a bowl of cereal kind of family.
I’d love to serve a hearty meal each morning but the chance of me having time to cook a hot fresh breakfast before school is slim.
It’s all because I tend to work late into the night and have too much to do in the a.m. 🙁
My mornings are…
dog walk, shower, (rush)
lunches packed, (rush)
kids to school, and
off to work (rush)!
Slowing Down and Enjoying Breakfast
This year I’ve resolved to slow down, set up a better morning schedule, and recommit to homemade breakfasts.
Homemade Made Easy
Mornings are much easier for me if I plan ahead, pack lunches and backpacks the night before, and find easy recipes that the whole family enjoys to pre-make for breakfast.
These ham, egg, and cheese breakfast muffins have become a morning favorite.
They are easy to whip up and can be personalized to your personal taste, plus they refrigerate well and can be reheated in just a few seconds.
Enjoy Breakfast Together
I make a big batch of these muffins on the weekend when I have extra time. Then we can grab a muffin, reheat and enjoy a hot, homemade breakfast on weekday mornings.
It’s heaven to spend a few peaceful minutes around the table together before we go our separate ways.
The key to these muffins is using high-quality deli meat and tasty cheese. I use honey ham and sharp cheddar from Castle Wood Reserve®. Their meats which have no binders and no MSG plus they are Trans-fat free and gluten free. Castle Wood Reserve® is available in the deli aisle of your local Wal Mart.
The recipe makes 12 meal-size muffins. It keeps my family of 4 fed for 3 peaceful mornings!
The Best Ham, Egg and Cheese Breakfast MuffinsPrint
These easy breakfast muffins taste like ham, egg, and cheese biscuits. They are perfect for busy morning when you don’t have time to cook but want to serve a hot, homemade meal. They freeze well.
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, diced (reserve 1/4 cup)
- 8 ounces ham, diced
- 4 large eggs, cooked (lightly scrambled in a skillet)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with jumbo muffin liners. (Jumbo liners prevent the cheese from bubbling over.)
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Stir the melted butter into the flour mixture until a lumpy mix forms.
- Whisk the 3 raw eggs and the milk together and stir into the dry ingredients. Mix just to incorporate the liquid into the flour, do not over mix.
- Fold the cheese, scrambled eggs, and ham into the batter. It will be chunky and sticky.
- Scoop dough into prepare muffin tin, make 12 muffins.
- Top each muffin with a few small pieces of cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out of the center of each muffin clean. Cool slightly and serve.
- Store in the refrigerator, reheat in the microwave.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 273
- Fat: 15.8
- Carbohydrates: 18.2
- Protein: 14.1
Keywords: ham egg and cheese muffins, breakfast muffins
I hope you try these easy and delicious ham, egg, and cheese breakfast muffins and recommit to homemade breakfasts.
Like my easy recipes? Sign up for my free newsletter below and never miss a thing!
Bren Did Newsletter Subscribers Get Access!