These easy breakfast muffins taste like ham, egg, and cheese biscuits. They are perfect for busy morning when you don’t have time to cook but want to serve a hot, homemade meal. They freeze well.
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, diced (reserve 1/4 cup)
- 8 ounces ham, diced
- 4 large eggs, cooked (lightly scrambled in a skillet)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with jumbo muffin liners. (Jumbo liners prevent the cheese from bubbling over.)
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Stir the melted butter into the flour mixture until a lumpy mix forms.
- Whisk the 3 raw eggs and the milk together and stir into the dry ingredients. Mix just to incorporate the liquid into the flour, do not over mix.
- Fold the cheese, scrambled eggs, and ham into the batter. It will be chunky and sticky.
- Scoop dough into prepare muffin tin, make 12 muffins.
- Top each muffin with a few small pieces of cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out of the center of each muffin clean. Cool slightly and serve.
- Store in the refrigerator, reheat in the microwave.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 273
- Fat: 15.8
- Carbohydrates: 18.2
- Protein: 14.1
Keywords: ham egg and cheese muffins, breakfast muffins