Roasted broccoli is delicious. It’s also easy to make, and quick. Just two minutes of prep and 10 minutes in the oven, and you’ll be able to enjoy perfectly crisp and tender broccoli.
1 pound fresh broccoli
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Adjust oven rack to top 1/3 of the oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F ( 204 °C ).
- Rinse broccoli heads under cold water and lay on a clean towel to dry slightly.
- Line a 13 by 9-inch metal sheet pan with foil or parchment paper (if desired).
- Cut the broccoli into bite-size pieces. Cut the stalk and stems into 1/8-inch thick, round slices discarding dried-out ends.
- Place the broccoli onto the sheet pan and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Toss the broccoli to distribute the oil then spread in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the broccoli with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place pan in the hot oven on the top rack and roast until the broccoli is just tender and beginning to color, 8 to 10 more minutes.
- Remove broccoli from the oven and serve immediately.
Roasted Broccoli Variations – Customize this easy broccoli recipe with your favorite flavors for a delicious side dish that can complement almost any cuisine!
Garlic Roasted Broccoli – Substitute garlic salt for the salt in the recipe or add a clove of crushed garlic to the olive oil before drizzling over the raw broccoli florets before roasting.
Lemon Roasted Broccoli – Remove broccoli from the oven when it is done roasting and toss with freshly squeezed lemon juice. Sprinkle on a pinch of fresh lemon zest for extra lemony flavor.
Parmesan Roasted Broccoli – Remove broccoli from the oven when it is done roasting and toss with 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Spicy Roasted Broccoli – Sprinkle the raw broccoli florets with salt, black pepper, and 1/4-1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes before roasting.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 99
Keywords: oven roasted broccoli