Easy Oven Roasted Root Vegetables are a healthy and delicious side dish. Easy and colorful vegetable side dish. Perfect for for any meal. Vegan, vegetarian, real food for Easter Thanksgiving, Christmas, and more!
- 1 ½ cups beets (red or golden, 3 small beets)
- 2 cups potatoes (2 medium)
- 2 cups sweet potato (1 large)
- 2 cups onion (1 large)
- 2 cups carrots (4–5 large)
- ½–1 tsp sea salt (to taste)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2–4 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel vegetables and cut into 1-1 1/2-inch pieces. Lightly grease a large cast iron skillet or baking sheet with olive oil.
- Add all vegetables to the pan and top with olive oil, spices and minced garlic. Toss well to combine.
- Roast the vegetables until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally every 15 minutes to ensure equal browning. This takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Using red beets will make the vegetables a bit pink, choose golden beets if you prefer no color transfer.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 145
Keywords: Oven Roasted Root Vegetables, roasted vegetables, cast iron recipe