Homemade ice cream bars are a guilty pleasure with a little less guilt when you make your own two ingredient chocolate coating. This easy magic shell recipe is great on fruit, an ice cream bar, or even a bowl of ice cream.
- 1 pint ice cream (any flavor)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Spoon ice cream into popscicle molds and freeze until firm. Overnight is best.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a glass jar or microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds on full power. Stir until smooth. Heat for an additional 15-30 seconds if necessary. Cool to room temperature.
- Remove ice cream from molds and quickly dip each bar in the chocolate “magic shell” mixture. Place on wax paper lined tray and return to freezer if ice cream is melting.
- You can also spoon the chocolate “magic shell” mixture over scoops of ice cream for an easier treat. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 300
Keywords: homemade ice cream bar, homemade magic shell