These easy and delicious chicken enchiladas. Use UNBELIEVABLY good homemade enchilada sauce.They are filled with a creamy chicken and cheese filling.
- 1 batch homemade enchilada sauce (or substitute three 12 oz cans)
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese (grated, or pepper jack or cheddar)
- 2½ cups cooked chicken
- ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese (grated, or pepper jack or cheddar)
- 12 8-inch flour or corn tortillas
- Vegetable Oil (optional )
- In a medium bowl combine 1 cup of enchilada sauce with 2 cups of grated cheese and 2 ½ cups of chicken. Stir to combine.
- Lightly grease a 9×12 rectangle glass baking dish to prevent sticking and make the pan easier to clean up.
- Pour 1 ½ cups on enchilada sauce into the bottom of the pan. Tilt pan to evenly distribute.
- Heat tortillas shells for a few seconds in the microwave to make them more pliable. (If you are using corn tortillas dip them in the enchilada sauce for a few seconds to prevent them from breaking when rolled.)
- Place 1/3 cup of meat and cheese filling in down the center of an enchilada then roll it up tightly. Place the enchilada seam side down against one short side of the glass pan.
- Continue to fill and roll all tortillas until the pan is full and the filling is gone. You may have to squeeze the enchiladas together to fit the last few into the pan.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce evenly over the tortillas in the baking pan. Make sure to cover all the exposed areas.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the enchiladas and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 375 until bubbly (about 45 minutes). Removed foil and return to oven for 2 or 3 minutes to allow the top cheese to melt.
- Serve your favorite toppings (shredded lettuce, jalapeno slices, diced tomatoes, sliced black olives, tortilla chips, sour cream).
- Cover and store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1 enchilada
- Calories: 380
Keywords: Easy Chicken Enchiladas