This Coffee and Chocolate Shortbread Recipe is perfect for cookie exchanges and holiday gifts. Simple chocolate dipped mocha shortbread cookies are beautiful and tasty. Includes free printable gift tags for coffee lovers.
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules ((I use Starbucks Via))
- 2/3 cup butter ((softened not melted))
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels ((mini chips, 8 ounces))
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Cream butter and vanilla together, slowly stir in flour, sugar and coffee granules.
- Roll dough between sheets of parchment or wax paper until it is approximately 3/8-1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into circles using a cookie cutter or drinking glass.
- Place cookies on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 325 degree Fahrenheit until lightly browned and firm. Let shortbread cool completely.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave proof bowl. Heat on high for 30 seconds, stir well and then heat in 10 second increments stirring well between each heating until completely melted.
- Dip half of each cookie into the chocolate and place on a wire rack until chocolate glaze is firm.
- Store cookies in an airtight container once chocolate is solid. Place sheets of wax paper or parchment paper between layers to protect the glaze.
- Add a free printable gift tag, if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 large cookie
- Calories: 184
Keywords: Chocolate Shortbread Recipe, Coffee Shortbread Recipe