An amazing sandwich recipe is the best quick dinner solution. This grilled ham, cheese, and pesto sandwich combination will be a family favorite that can help you resist fast food on busy nights.
- 2 slices Pepperidge Farm® Harvest Blends bread
- 3 slices Black Forest ham (thinly sliced)
- 1 slice provolone cheese (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 Tbsp basil pesto
- 2–3 slices tomato (ripe)
- olive oil (for grilling)
- Spread pesto evenly on both slices of bread.
- Layer ham, cheese, and tomato on top of pesto.
- Brush outside of sandwich with olive oil. (You can also use butter.)
- Place sandwich in a hot cast iron skillet and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Flip sandwich and allow the second side to cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
Make sure to watch sandwich carefully while cooking so it does not burn. You may cook several sandwiches at one time.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 400
Keywords: ham and pesto sandwich, grilled ham and cheese