This easy and delicious crock pot recipe combines Thai chili rice with pineapple and chicken. It tastes a little like sweet & sour chicken, but healthier!
- 1 330 g bottle sweet chili sauce
- 1 8 oz can chunk or crushed pineapple in juice
- 4 –6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen)
- 2 cups fresh red, yellow, or orange bell peppers (optional)
- 2 cups fresh pea pods (optional)
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets (optional)
- 2 tbsp corn starch (optional)
- Place frozen chicken in slow cooker.
- Pour chili sauce and pineapple with juice over chicken
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 7-9 hours.*
- About 45 minutes before serving slice chicken into ¾ inch slices and stir the chicken back into the sauce.*If you prefer a thicker sauce, combine 2 tbsp of cornstarch with 1/8 cup of cold water until there are no lumps and stir into sauce. It will thicken as the mixture continues to cook.
- Place your choice of vegetables on top of the chicken mixture. Continue cooking in slow cooker on high until vegetables are tender crisp. (This is a good time to put your rice on to cook too.)
- Serve over rice.
*Each slow cooker tends to cook at a slightly different speed. Watch new recipes closely the first time to find out exactly how long they take to cook to your liking. You should adjust all crock pot recipes for your slow cooker.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 297
Keywords: Sweet chili pineapple chicken, slow cooker pineapple chicken, sweet and sour chicken