This simple breakfast recipe for Reindeer Christmas pancake is easy and adorable! Imagine all of Santa’s elves lining up for a delicious breakfast of fluffy reindeer pancakes before they head out for a tough day at the toy factory. The batter is made with Greek yogurt and honey, making them sweet enough to eat with or without syrup.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 –1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (non-fat, low-fat or regular)
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- In a medium mixing bowl combine Greek yogurt, milk, honey, eggs and coconut oil (melted). Whisk until smooth.
- Stir in flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix until well combined.
- Heat skillet or griddle over medium high heat and wipe lightly with coconut oil.
- To shape pancakes into reindeer faces: pour 2 tablespoons of batter onto a hot griddle in a circle shape. Add a 1.5 tablespoon oval shape of batter to the bottom of the circle. Make 2 separate oval ear shapes, 1 tablespoon of batter for each oval.
- Once pancakes are bubbly, flip and cook 2-3 minutes (until golden brown and cooked though). Remove from griddle and cover until all pancakes are cooked.
- Cut bacon in half vertically, then horizontally.
- Assemble the reindeer: Place a reindeer head and two ears on each plate.
- Add two thin straight strips of bacon to the top of the reindeer head, tucking them under the pancake to stay secure. Next, angle a curvy piece of bacon next to the straight piece to complete the antlers.
- Add eyes to your reindeer with banana slices and chocolate chips or raisins,
- Next, add a small triangle shaped slice of strawberry or a dab of strawberry jam for the nose.
- Enjoy your adorable reindeer pancakes!
- Serving Size: 1 reindeer
- Calories: 145
Keywords: reindeer pancakes, Christmas pancakes, Rudolph pancakes