Carrots are gently roasted in a light sauce of butter, honey, ginger, and lemon. The oven-roasting brings out the naturally sweet flavor of the root vegetables and turns the sauce into a tasty glaze.
- 2 lbs carrots (cut 1 inch x 1/4 inch)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tbsp ginger (crushed)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease a cookie sheet or cast iron pan. Pour in carrots.
- Melt butter in a small bowl then stir in honey, ginger, and lemon juice.
- Pour sauce over carrots then stir to combine.
- Roast the carrots until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally (every 15-30 minutes to ensure equal browning). Roasting 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with diced chives, scallions, or parsley if desired.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 18.8 g
- Sodium: 106 mg
- Fat: 18.8 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
Keywords: honey roasted carrots