This easy Apple Cinnamon Muffin recipe contains no sugar, is flour free, and has no butter or oil. It is sweetened with dates and tastes amazing! Your family will enjoy the muffins and you will enjoy serving a healthy treat.
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats (plus 1/4 cup for garnish if desired)
- 1 cup dried dates (chopped)
- 1/2 cup water (boiling)
- 1 1/4 cup apple (diced, about 1 large apple)
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp real vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Place diced dates into blender and pour boiling water over. Allow to sit for 5 minutes then blend until smooth.
- Add diced apples and milk to the blender. Puree until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and puree until oats are well ground, scraping down sides of blender as needed.
- Line muffin tin with muffin papers and fill 2/3 full with batter, approximately 1/4 cup per muffin.
- Sprinkle each muffin with 1/2 tsp old-fashioned oats, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-35 minutes, a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin should come out clean.
Use parchment baking cups. Healthy muffins have a habit of sticking to the baking cups and muffin tins. Parchment baking cups will prevent them from sticking. If you do not have parchment baking cups try spraying or brushing the muffins wrappers with a small amount of oil before baking.
How to store the muffins. Keep the muffins for 3-4 days in a sealed container on the counter, 7-10 days in a sealed container in the refrigerator, or for several months well wrapped in the freezer (defrost in the fridge overnight).
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 108
Keywords: No sugar apple cinnamon muffins, blender muffins, healthy muffins