Japanese Corn Potage is an easy corn soup that is very popular in Japan. It has a fresh, creamy corn taste and is the perfect comfort food.
- 1/2 cup white or yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 4 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 cups milk (reserve ¼ cup)
- 3 Tbsp corn starch or arrowroot powder
- salt and pepper
- green onion (optional garnish)
- Combine onion, corn, milk, and stock in a crock pot.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the corn. You can leave some of the corn unblended to add texture or strain the soup after blending to make it extra smooth.
- Combine the corn starch or arrowroot powder with the remaining milk and stir well to eliminate lumps. Stir into soup to thicken.
- Serve topped with diced green onions and black pepper.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 101
Keywords: corn soup, corn potage, Japanese corn soup