These healthy apple chips are an easy and delicious snack for kids. Try making them with a small heart cookie cutter and cinnamon, they’re perfect for healthy snacks and Valentine’s Day parties. The secret is baking the apples at a low temperature which dehydrates the apples.
- 4 large apples
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- small heart cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Thinly slice apples (about 1/8 inch thick).
- Cut out apple core from with slice using a mini heart cookie cutter. Arrange apple slices in a thin layer on baking sheet. Make sure there is room between each slice.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl; sprinkle lightly over apple slices. (Optional)
- Bake until apples are dried and edges are slightly curled, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Flip once halfway through baking time. (Bake apple more for crisp chips and less for chewy chips.)
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container. Use within one week.
- Serving Size: 1/2 apple
- Calories: 51
- Sugar: 11.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.7 g
- Protein: 0.2 g
Keywords: apple chips