Chocolate Covered Pretzel Granola Clusters are salty-sweet snacking dream! Made with healthy ingredients such as whole oats, wheat germ, flax seed & coconut oil.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups puffed rice cereal (I use Rice Krispies)
- 1 cups pretzels crushed
- 1 1/2 cups pretzels broken into 1/4–1/2 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
- 3/4 tbsp flax seed meal
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt (optional)
- 1 egg white (beaten until foamy)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 320°
- Line a large (approx 12 in x19 in ) baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Crush pretzels. You can use a rolling pin and a plastic bag to make the job easier.
- Mix oats, puffed rice cereal, pretzels (crushed and broken), wheat germ, and flax seed in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Pour coconut oil mixture over oat mixture.
- Mix until evenly combined. It can help to toss the mixture with two spoons like you are making a salad.
- Beat the egg white with a whisk until very frothy.
- Spoon half over the oat mixture and toss to combine. Spoon remaining egg white over oat mixture and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle salt over oats and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture onto parchment lined baking sheet and spread to evenly distribute.
- Press the mixture down lightly.
- Bake the granola for 20 minutes, do not stir.
- Remove granola pan from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top.
- Return pan to oven and immediately turn off the oven. Leave the pan in the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- Once the granola is cool (you should be able to pick up the pan with your bare hands) place it on your counter top and allow the chocolate chips to harden.
- Use a small spatula or table knife to break the granola into half dollar size pieces.
- Store the granola in an air tight container and use in 10 days.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 310
Keywords: homemade chocolate covered pretzel granola, chocolate granola, chocolate covered pretzels, granola clusters