An easy option for Valentine’s Day treats is dressed up rice krispie bars, all you need are rice krispies, marshmallows, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and your choice of Valentine sprinkles.
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 –10 oz package regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 tsp coconut oil or shortening
- 2 Tbsp valentine sprinkles or colored sugar
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add rice cereal. Stir quickly until well coated.
- Evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with coconut oil. Cool slightly then cut into rectangles of desired size.
- Lay bars about ½ inch apart on parchment paper lined counter.
- Melt milk chocolate chips with 2 tsp coconut oil in microwave (microwave 1 minute, stir, then at 30 second intervals until almost completely melted, stir unitl all chips are melted, be careful not to scorch)
- Put chocolate into a sandwich bag (without a pleated bottom) snip off the corner to create a small whole and drizzle over the bars.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 with white chocolate, drizzling in the opposite direction of the milk chocolate.
- Quickly sprinkle the bars with Valentine sprinkle while the chocolate is still soft so they will adhere.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container or individually bag for classroom.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 211
Keywords: rice krispie bars, valentine rice krispies bars, puffed rice bars