Sriracha Honey Caramel Popcorn is the perfect combination of spicy and sweet: the spice of Sriracha with the sweetness of honey. The easy recipe will take your snacking up a notch.
This post uses affiliate links. They don’t cost you a thing and help us bring you creative projects. Read more in Policies & Disclosures.
Popcorn, oh popcorn! I could eat some form of popcorn every single day. I usually air pop popcorn to avoid the additives and preservatives in microwave popcorn. While air popped popcorn is much healthier for you… it’s not always the most tasty of snacks. Enter Sriracha and my love of spicy snacks.
Sriracha is the hipster of condiments. (No, it does come with a teeny tiny beanie and long sideburns… but it is taking the U.S. by storm.) Sriracha is a hot chili sauce made from chili peppers, vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt. It originally comes from Thailand and is often used to garnish Asian seafood dishes or bowls of noodles.
My husband is a Sriracha addict. He puts it on EVERYTHING from scrambled eggs to pizza. I have long resisted the pull of the chili sauce, preferring it mostly on udon or ramen noodles.
Then, one night last week, while searching for a spicy late night snack I had a sudden bolt of inspiration. Sriracha Popcorn! I melted butter with coconut oil then stirred in Sriracha and drizzled it over air popped popcorn. It was yummy, but something was missing.
Sriracha Honey Caramel Popcorn
After days of snack preparation and night after night of Sriracha popcorn munching (honestly, how I suffer for you… hee, hee) I developed the perfect recipe that combines the spice of Sriracha with the sweetness of honey.
Sriracha Honey Caramel Popcorn will take your spicy snacking up a notch. It is a pleasing mixture of spicy with sweet that brings out the best of both flavors.
Sriracha Honey Caramel Popcorn is an easy to make sweet and spicy snack that will take your snack break up a notch. It is a pleasing mixture of spicy with sweet that brings out the best of both flavors.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp sriracha
- 1/2–3/4 cup popcorn (popped in an air popper to make 20 cups popped)
- Melt the coconut oil and honey together and bring to a boil, stir continually as the mixture boils for 2.5 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the stove and stir in the Sriracha until well combined. Be careful, it may spatter when you stir the cold sauce into the hot caramel mixture.
- In a large bowl drizzle a quarter of the sauce over the popped popcorn.
- Stir well then drizzle a quarter of the sauce over the popped popcorn.
- Continue drizzling and stiring until all the sauce is used.
- If you like soft chewy caramel corn you can now enjoy your Sriracha Honey Caramel Popcorn
- If you like crisp caramel corn heat the oven to 250 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, spread the popcorn on the baking sheet and bake the caramel corn for 10-12 minutes. Be careful not to let it burn! Cool and enjoy!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container. The crisp version stores better than the soft version.
- Serving Size: 4 cups
- Calories: 168
Keywords: sriracha popcorn, Sriracha Caramel corn, Sriracha Honey Caramel Popcorn
Like my easy snack recipes? Sign up for my newsletter below and never miss a thing!
Bren Did Newsletter Subscribers Get Access!