Feeling hot, Hot, HOT? This spicy hummus is delicious and nutritious! If you don’t care for spicy foods, try this recipe omitting the red pepper flakes, chili powder and cayenne powder. It makes divine traditional hummus.
- 1 –15.5 oz can garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
- 4 tbsp lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder
- Pulse together, in a food processor, garbanzo beans, lemon juice and garlic until well minced.
- Add tahini, olive oil, cumin and salt. Process until lighter in color and creamy.
- Stop here and you have delicious traditional hummus.
- Add red pepper flakes, chili powder and cayenne powder, process until well mixed.
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 9.2
Keywords: spicy hummus, easy hummus recipe