Healthy Southwest Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing combines my favorite southwest flavors with a creamy, yet good-for-you dressing.
- 8 cups mixed lettuce (baby romain and green leaf)
- 1 diced green onion
- 1 –15.5 ounce can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 – 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1/2 – 1 yellow pepper (diced)
- Fresh cilantro (diced, to taste)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/3 cup plain or Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 3 tsp lime juice
- 3/4 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 Tbsp water
- Toss all salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a blender and process until smooth (try my mason jar trick and you can store it in the same container).
- Serve salad with dressing and a few tortilla chips.
- Serving Size: 2.5 cups
- Calories: 503
Keywords: Healthy Southwest salad, creamy avocado dressing