A vintage 1920’s cocktail made from a refreshing mix of fresh lime juice, sparkling water and gin. This modern Gin Rickey with Rosemary Honey simple syrup. Fresh rosemary is steeped in hot water and blended with honey to lightly sweeten the drink.
Simple Syrup Ingredients (for 6 drinks)
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- ¼ cup fresh rosemary leaves (loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
Gin Rickey Ingredients (for 1 drink)
- 1–1 1/2 oz Gin (2–3 Tbsp)
- 1 oz Fresh Lime Juice (2 Tbsp)
- 1 oz Rosemary Honey Simple Syrup (2 Tbsp)
- 1/2 cup Sparkling Water or Club Soda
- Wash the rosemary and remove the leaves from the stems.
- Place rosemary and honey in a heat proof cup or bowl.
- Pour boiling water over the rosemary and stir until honey is dissolved.
- Allow to steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain out rosemary and store in refrigerator for up to one week or freeze into ice cubes for several months.
- In a short cocktail glass or small Mason jar combine gin, lime juice, and simple syrup. Stir lightly.
- Top with ½ club soda and ½ cup ice.
- Garnish with lime and a sprig of fresh rosemary.
- Serving Size: 1 drink
- Calories: 157
Keywords: rosemary gin rickey, gin rickey cocktail, gin cocktail