I developed this Rich and Chewy Cocoa Brownies Recipe to make easy brownies with less sugar and fat than other brownies. They only take one bowl so cleanup is easy!
Are you a brownie lover? I love moist, rich brownies; unfortunately most fudge brownie recipes call for lots of fat and tons of sugar.
I created this easy brownie recipe so that we can enjoy our favorite treat without all the guilt.
This cocoa brownie recipe used sweetened condensed milk and Greek yogurt to keep the fudgey texture while cocoa and vanilla keep them full of classic chocolaty brownie flavor.Print
Chewy, rich fudge brownie recipes usually contain lots of fat and sugar. This recipe makes rich, dense brownies with less sugar and fat. Plus, they only take one bowl to make so cleanup is easy!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 –14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain yogurt or sour cream (or a combination of these)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Dutch process or dark)
- 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Confectioner’s sugar for dusting (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Foil and grease a 8×8-inch baking pan.
- In a microwave safe mixing bowl melt butter.
- Add sweetened condensed milk , yogurt, and eggs. Stir to combine.
- Add cocoa, flour, vanilla and salt. Stir until smooth.
- Pour batter into greased pan.
- Bake on the lowest rack of your oven fro 20-30 minutes or until center is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in pan then use foil to remove to counter. (Removing the brownies from the pan stops them from overcooking in the hot pan.)
- Cool completely, dust with confectioners’ sugar and slice.
- Serving Size: 1 2 inch brownie
- Calories: 267
Keywords: easy one bowl brownies, sweetened condensed milk brownies, fudge brownies
I hope you try my rich and chewy cocoa brownies recipe.
Tip: Use a flour sifter or small mesh strainer to sprinkle confectioner’s sugar on top of the brownies. It is easier to get the sugar evenly distributed and breaks up clumps.
Like my easy recipes? Sign up for my free newsletter below and never miss a thing!