This easy recipe combines apples, pork roast and sauerkraut in the crock pot for a tasty dinner that takes just minutes to prepare. My family loves it for the tasty combination of flavors, I love it because it is a simple “throw and go” recipe for the slow cooker.
- 3 lb boneless pork loin roast or boneless pork chops
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil (optional)
- 2 pieces small onion (cut in half and sliced ½ inch thick (about 2 cups)
- 32 ounce jar of sauerkraut (with or without caraway seeds)
- 4–5 pieces large apples (cored and cut into 8 (about 6 cups)
- Grease inside of slow cooker with oil for easier clean up, if desired. Place roast in slow cooker.
- Cover roast with sliced onions, partially separating slices.
- Cover onions with sauerkraut, use entire jar including all liquid.
- Cover sauerkraut with apples.
- Cover slow cooker with lid and cook pork on the low setting 7 to 8 hours (high for 4-5 hours) or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 145° F. – 160° F and apples are tender. Please note that slow cookers can cook at different temperatures, if your cooks fast or slow adjust cooking time as needed.
- Remove pork from crock pot and slice. Serve pork with new potatoes, sauerkraut, and apples.
The apples will cook down to an applesauce consistency if left the crock pot for the entire cooking time. If you would like the apples to be more firm add them to the slow cooker about 3 hours before serving (low setting) or 1.5 hours before serving (high setting).
- Serving Size: 1/10 of recipe
- Calories: 294
Keywords: apples pork and sauerkraut, crock pot pork and sauerkraut