Looking for a chocolate treat that is sweet and tasty yet naturally gluten and refined sugar free? These no bake chocolate energy balls are the perfect snack or lunch box treat… no guilt needed!
- 3 cups rolled oats (old-fashioned oats)
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup ground flax seed (flax meal)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup peanut butter (natural)
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
Make the dry mixture
- Pulse the oats in a food processor to get a more smooth texture (about 10-15 quick pulses). The texture should be somewhere between whole and completely ground. Pour oats into a large bowl and add the shredded coconut and flax seed.
Make the chocolate mixture
- In a small bowl stir together the peanut butter, coconut oil, honey until smooth. (You may heat the mixture for 15 seconds in the microwave to make it easier to combine). Add cocoa powder and stir again until smooth.
Make the energy balls
- Pour peanut butter mixture over the oat mixture and stir until well combined. Chill for at least 20 minutes. Shape the mixture into balls 2 tablespoons at a time. Try gently pressing together the chilled mix; do not try to roll into balls.
- Chill for 20-30 minutes. Store in fridge or freezer.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 127
- Sugar: 4.1
- Fat: 7.9
- Carbohydrates: 12.7
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 3.2
Keywords: chocolate energy balls