This Gorgonzola Cheese Ball Recipe with Caramelized Onions is perfect for holiday entertaining! It is easy and delicious.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp Tabasco
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4–1/2 cup finely diced onion, caramelized (measure before cooking)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp scallion tops or parsley, chopped (optional)
- Cook onions in a skillet over medium heat using 1 tsp. olive oil until dark golden brown. Stir frequently.
- Caramelization should take approximately 10 minutes. If the onion begin to burn add a splash of water, it will cook off.
- Cool onions to room temperature
Make Cheese Ball
- Cream together cream cheese, Gorgonzola cheese, and Tabasco until thoroughly combined. (Use a handheld or stand mixer for easy blending.)
- Mix cranberries and caramelized onions into cheese mixture until evenly combined.
- Place cheese mixture onto plastic wrap, pat and roll into a ball shape, wrap tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove plastic wrap, reshape into ball, and roll in chopped nuts. (Roll in 2 Tbsp green scallion tops or parsley for extra color, if desired.)
- Place cheese ball on serving tray and refrigerate until serving time.
- Serve with assorted crackers and/or celery and carrots.
- Serving Size: 1/16
- Calories: 139
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 161
- Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 6.8
- Protein: 3.1
- Cholesterol: 30
Keywords: gorgonzola cheese ball recipe, easy cheese ball, caramelized onion cheese ball