Grape and plum homemade salsa is a great alternative to basic chips and dip. The spicy sweetness makes it the perfect appetizer or main dish accompaniment. It is an easy appetizer that is great for parties and the star of big game snacks.
My husband is a Mexican food lover. He would eat spicy food morning, noon and night. Whenever we go out for breakfast he orders some sort of skillet that contains green chilies and chorizo sausage then tops it with a hefty portion of sriracha or Tabasco.
I love spicy dishes and Mexican food too, but I like a bit of variety in my diet. There are only so many enchiladas, easy chicken tacos, and tostadas I can eat in a week.
Easy Homemade Salsa
It takes a creative mindset to combine Mexican food with a need for a diverse menu. Luckily, I love to explore the range of Mexican foods beyond green chilies and tomatoes. My favorite mishmash is a slightly spicy salsa made from grapes and plums. It sounds a bit odd, but it is a delicious homemade salsa combination!
The flavors of this homemade salsa are a perfect blend:
- Grapes and plums provide natural sweetness
- Scallions, fresh jalapeno, and cilantro add spice
- Lime juice and salt bring the ingredients together
This stuff is seriously addictive. The first time I made the recipe we may (or may not) have stood over the bowl scarfing down chips topped with its sweet spiciness until we were too full for dinner. Honestly, it is that good!
In charge of big game day food? This recipe is a great addition to your appetizer menu. It is a standout dish that impresses guests with very little effort. My favorite kind of recipe…. easy and impressive! This easy salsa is also tasty on Mexican food such as tostadas, nachos and tacos.Print
Grape and plum homemade salsa is a great alternative to basic chips and dip. Spicy sweetness make it the perfect easy appetizer. Great for parties and the star of Super Bowl snacks.
- 2 cups fresh plums (chopped into 1/4 inch cubes)
- 2 cups fresh seedless grapes (quartered)
- 1/2 cup green onions (diced)
- 1/8 cup cilantro (diced)
- 1–2 tablespoons jalapenos (finely diced, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt (to taste)
- Combine plums, grapes, scallions, cilantro and jalapenos in a large bowl, stir to combine.
- Pour over lime juice and salt, stir.
- Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for several hours to allow flavors to develop. Stir before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 32
Keywords: Homemade Salsa, Grape & Plum salsa, fruit salsa, spicy sweet salsa
Like my easy recipes? Sign up for my newsletter below and never miss a thing!