Creamy, comforting, and cheesy this healthy slow cooker tomato basil parmesan soup is packed with vegetables that give it incredible flavor without all the fat and calories. Shhh… no one will know it’s anything but delicious creamy tomato soup!
- 1 cup sweet potato, diced (about 7 ounces)
- 2 cups white onion, diced (about 12 ounces)
- 2 cups carrots, diced (about 12 ounces)
- 2 cups celery, diced (about 10 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, diced (about 3 large cloves)
- 1 12 ounce jar roasted red peppers, diced
- 56 ounces diced tomatoes (canned, do not drain)
- 2–4 tablespoons fresh basil (diced) or basil paste
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- 48 ounces chicken or vegetable broth
After cooking add:
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 5 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/3 cup water (cool)
- 5 ounces Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 16 ounces half and half, reduced fat (to taste)
- Add all diced vegetables to the slow cooker.
- Add tomatoes and spices.
- Pour broth over vegetables.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours. *
- Use an immersion blender or blender to puree soup until smooth. Return to slow cooker on low.
- Stir together corn starch and water until no lumps remain. Slowly add to hot soup.
- Add cheese, stir until melted.
- Add salt, pepper, and half and half to taste.
*Please note, all crock pots cook at a slightly different rate. Adjust cooking time if your slow cooker is fast or slow.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 152
Keywords: crock pot tomato basil soup, healthy creamy tomato soup, slow cooker tomato soup