Homemade No Knead Bread requires neither time nor expertise! Simply stir together the ingredients, let the yeast work, and enjoy the delicious results.
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat white flour
- 1/4 + 1/8 t tsp dry yeast
- 1 t ¼ salt
- 1 3/4 c warm water (110-120° F)
- Place the flour, yeast and salt in a large bowl, stir gently to combine.
- Add water all at once and stir to form a wet dough. Make sure all flour is incorporated.
- Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and place a clean kitchen towel over it.
- Let the dough rest for 12 to 18 hours. (i.e. 7:00 am and bake it at 10 pm). Remove the towel and the plastic wrap. The dough will have risen and will be speckled with bubbles.
- Stir the dough until it deflates and detaches from the sides of the bowl.
- Pour the dough into a well greased bread pan and spread or pat into a loaf shape.
- Cover with a clean kitchen towel (you can use the one you used in step 3) and allow to rise for 2-3 hours.
- Remove towel.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, place bead in center of the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes. The loaf will sound hollow when lightly thumped.
- Remove from oven and brush with butter or coconut oil (about 1/8 tsp). Cool to room temperature before slicing.
- Serving Size: 7 people
- Calories: 195
Keywords: easy bread recipe, no knead bread