Homemade No Knead Bread requires neither time nor expertise! Simply stir together the ingredients, let the yeast work, and enjoy the delicious results. Get the easy recipe today.
Fresh baked bread is a wonderful treat for all the senses.
- the whole house smells delicious as the loaf bakes,
- a beautifully browned loaf is pleasing to see,
- the first warm and crusty slice, smeared with jam, is taste bud perfection, and
- you will relish hearing all the oooohs and ahhhhs that fresh bread earns
Homemade bread recipes usually require a lot of hands on time for the baker. This Homemade No Knead Bread recipe requires neither time nor expertise! You simply stir together a few ingredients, let the yeast do its work, and enjoy the delicious results.
Homemade No Knead Bread
I love baking this bread during the school year for tasty school lunches. PB &J is elevated to a whole new entree when made on fresh baked bread! Ham and swiss never had such a tasty wrapper! We also love a simple dinner of freshly baked bread, fruit, vegetables, and a bit of cheese. So simple and yet so yummy!
Even if you have NEVER baked I hope you try making Homemade No Knead Bread! It is a virtually foolproof way to enjoy delicious home baked bread.
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat white flour
- 1/4 + 1/8 t tsp dry yeast
- 1 t ¼ salt
- 1 3/4 c warm water 110-120° F
- Place the flour, yeast and salt in a large bowl, stir gently to combine.
- Add water all at once and stir to form a wet dough. Make sure all flour is incorporated.
- Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and place a clean kitchen towel over it.
- Let the dough rest for 12 to 18 hours. (i.e. 7:00 am and bake it at 10 pm). Remove the towel and the plastic wrap. The dough will have risen and will be speckled with bubbles.
- Stir the dough until it deflates and detaches from the sides of the bowl.
- Pour the dough into a well greased bread pan and spread or pat into a loaf shape.
- Cover with a clean kitchen towel (you can use the one you used in step 3) and allow to rise for 2-3 hours.
- Remove towel.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, place bead in center of the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes. The loaf will sound hollow when lightly thumped.
- Remove from oven and brush with butter or coconut oil (about 1/8 tsp). Cool to room temperature before slicing.
Like my easy recipes? Sign up for my free newsletter and never miss a thing!